While we were in New Mexico we went to Mesa Verde. It was awesome! This is a pretty big post because of the pictures, but I wanted all of the ones that I chose...and there were a TON that I didn't post! Ha ha ha!
This was an elk farm on the way to Mesa Verde. These bulls were HUGE!
The Tower House. The Ancestral Puebloans built their homes right in the cliffs!
So cute!!! :)
Aren't they incredible?!
This ladder was awesome! It doesn't look very tall here, but it was!
This is a complex called the Balcony House. There was only one way in and that was a tiny tunnel. I have pictures of it next.
Here's the tunnel!
Dad barely made it through. Ha ha ha!
It was almost just right for Madison. :)
This picture was taken inside a Kiva.
The Petroglyphs. We hiked about 2 miles to see these. The hike was really pretty but we probably should have done it at the beginning of the day instead of the end. Hee hee!
Eventually our New Mexico trip had to end. On the way home we saw the sunflower fields. They were so big!
This rock was on the way home too. If you look closely you can see a door at the base of it. I'm very curious to know what it was for.
I don't remember the name of this arch, but it was on the way home too. We counted it as our trip to Arches National Park since we didn't make it there like we were thinking of doing. :)
It was so fun to visit my dad in New Mexico and learn a little bit more about his life there and about the Native Americans. It was also fun to have a road trip with my mom and my niece. I loved it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment