Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Mexico!

Yay! I finally went to New Mexico to visit my dad! He's been working at a mine there for the past while and I've been wanting to visit him for awhile. My mom and my niece, Madison, went with me. ROAD TRIP! (By the way, the next couple of posts are going to be kinda long because I have a lot of pictures! Hee hee)


Here we are! On our way to New Mexico!

Here's the Monticello, Utah Temple. It is a small temple, and it's very pretty!

These ruins are by the little town of Aztec. Madison and I went to visit them while Mom worked and Dad had a nap after working.

Hurray! A door that is just right for Madison! Hee hee!

It was actually not too bad for me either. :) Of course that would be because this door wasn't native to the ruins...that door will be coming up...

This wooden ceiling was the original ceiling for these ruins.

Here's the original door! Even Madi was too tall for it!

Which meant I was definitely too tall for it!

This is what's left of a Kiva. Archeologists believe that these were used for religious/ceremonial purposes.

This is a Kiva that an archeologist restored.

Here's a far-off shot of the ruins.

0 comments: